On Saturday 2nd May 2015, the Rugby School of the Rugby Club Metz Mosellawill host the 12th Julien Lajoye Challenge on La Grange-aux-Bois rugby fields – located Rue de Mercy, Metz, France.
Although the changes in the FFR (French Rugby Federation) regulations imply that the Julien Lajoye Challenge may no longer be programmed at the beginning of the season, the event celebrating Julien’s spirit remains keenly awaited.
For the past 4 years, its affiliation to the Super Challenge de France Espoir has given it a special athletic dimension and the faithful presence of foreign teams, that are not qualified to play the 2015 finals in Vannes, France, shows the spirit of sharing, respect and friendliness that continues to drive this remembrance tournament. With the help from the players, coaches and volunteers, we will celebrate his soul!
President of the Rugby Club Metz Moselle
Sponsored by Rugby Club Toulonnaisthe 2015 Julien Lajoye Challenge is part of the 2014 / 2015 schedule of the “Super Challenge de France Espoir – Midi Olympique”.
This challenge is intended for U14 rugby union players. Eighteen teams are competing is this competition, of which four foreign teams and professional clubs’ reserve squads.
If you wish to take part in the competition, here is some practical information:
- Players participating must be born in 2001 or 2002 and have a 2014 / 2015 rugby licence, on the day of the tournament;
- The maximum number of players per team is 23;
- The tournament is ruled by the “Super Challenge de France de Rugby” specifications and the rules mentioned in the Rugby Union U14 “Rugby Digest” (2014 / 2015);
- Upon request, accommodation can be organised by our club.
Free entrance, parking, covered grandstand, refreshment and catering (snacks) area for spectators.
Translation by Rebecca Siguier
- click here to see the map -